Creativity is our birthright. Many of us know intuitively our creative bones want to stir and yet we inhibit ourselves from making the first move. Often it’s because of outdated fears and an active internal critic, which wants to keep us tame. The experience of struggling with being creative is commonplace and my journey is no different to anyone else’s.The trick is to stay engaged with the process rather than to concentrate on output and achievement.
Julia Cameron’s classic book, The Artist’s Way, is a road map to reclaim creativity, each week offering a different dimension to re-connect to. It is a ‘gentle’ book that can have a big impact, particularly when it’s worked through in a facilitated group setting with the opportunity to deepen into the learning through additional exercises and experiences.
This group is open to women and men.
Come to this course if you would like to :
- Explore how your life can be your art
- Engage sensitively with the creativity of your inner child
- Learn to acknowledge and celebrate your creative achievements
- Explore ways to dissolve blocks to self-expression
- Understand what motivates and inspires your creative muse!
- Be in charge of your own process and support others through theirs
- Have some fun and be surprised by your own blossoming
Artist’s Way Group : 12 sessions – £190
Next group: March 22nd – May 24th, Wednesday evenings, 7 – 9pm
plus, Saturday May 27th 10am – 2pm
Venue : Greenbank
“The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.” Dee Hock